SAFETY & COURSE INFORMATION
BIB EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO
After receiving your official race bib, you are required to fill out the emergency contact information on the back. This must be completed before starting the relay.
Teams will not be allowed to register or compete in the event without the following items:
- (2) Headlamps
- (2) Reflective or Illuminating vests to be worn at all times when outside the team vehicle
- (4) LED flashing lights to provide visibility from the front and behind
Any team member not currently running but is outside the team vehicle must wear a reflective vest while on the course. It is recommended that all team members wear high visibility colors. Teams will not be supplied the above items and should be prepared to be self-sufficient throughout the course of the event.
FIRST AID & EMERGENCIES
Our main goal is participant safety, and we require all teams to supply their own first-aid kit to treat blisters, cuts, aches, and other minor ailments that might occur. We highly suggest a cooler filled with ice and plastic cups. In case of emergency, each team or runners must be prepared to seek their own medical care. Our staff will always assist but will not always be immediately available due to course length. Please remember to write your emergency contact information on the back of your bib prior to the start of the race.
Headphones or anything that blocks your hearing within the ear ARE NOT allowed on course. You may have another device that plays music outside of your ear; however, it must be played at a level that is not disruptive to the general public or other runners. It is extremely important that runners can always hear their surroundings while on the road.
All participants must run along the designated side of the road or sidewalk and obey all traffic laws and signals. Signs will mark the course and the course description highlights the side of the road to run on. Due to blind turns and guard-rails, portions of this event will be running with traffic rather than the typical against traffic.
At most very busy intersections and non-rural crossings, a crossing guard or local police will provide assistance. We cannot guarantee that traffic monitors can protect all runners due to the length of the course. No traffic or police monitors are promised to protect runners from vehicular traffic along the course. It is extremely important that runners and team vehicles are always exercising the highest level of safety.
Very low traffic, rural areas may not have any crossing guard assistance. Safety is our greatest concern. If our staff feels that you or anyone on your team is putting yourself or others in danger, we will disqualify you or the entire team.
- Your team bib must be worn at all times by whichever runner is currently on course.
- Each team can only have (1) one vehicle and cannot be larger than a 12-passenger van. This includes buses and motorhomes. This vehicle must display the official vehicle sign that will be given at packet pickup.
- Vehicles cannot stop in the road or shoulder and must be parked in a designated area before picking up or dropping off a runner unless noted otherwise.
- Team vehicles are not allowed to follow directly behind their teammate for any reason. This can impede vehicle traffic and other runners.
- Abusive treatment toward any race official, volunteers, or public official will not be tolerated and may result in disqualification.
- All runners must wear the previously stated safety gear.
- No alcohol is allowed on the course. Anyone caught drinking alcohol or is inebriated will be disqualified immediately. Save the beer for the finish. We’ll have plenty!
- No strollers, dogs, or bikes can accompany runners on the course.
- All participants must use the provided portable toilets or restrooms along the course. If you are reported urinating or defecating on public or private property, you will be disqualified immediately.
- Teams must start at their assigned start time. If you think you need to change your start time, please contact customer service ahead of the event.
- Headphones or anything that covers your ears are not allowed on the course.
Premium Tech Hoodie
All runners get a stretchy, heavyweight tech hoodie!
Bottle Opener Medal
Every finisher gets a commemorative bottle opener medal to recognize their incredible achievement!
You read that right! You get a ticket to a catered buffet including pulled pork, oven-roasted chicken, delicious fresh salad, fresh fruit, veggie wraps, and more!